Your Asian fusion decorating journey
1. Unclutter your room. Keep only those pieces of furniture and accessories that are most useful and meaningful to you.
2. Maximize or focus on the visual impact of the natural elements already available to you-morning sunlight, the view from a window, shadows from trees, etc.
3. Stick to simplicity. Allow only one or two pieces in the room to have the focal point staged. The focal point can be an antique Chinese bench-rustic with aged patina or a beautifully carved and lacquered armoire.
4. Mix textures and elements-wood, stone (pottery), plants, silks, paper scrolls, etc. into your design.
5. Mix styles. The geometrical design of Chinese furniture compliments the sleek style of contemporary furniture but can also beautifully contrast with European curves.
6. Choose colors that will evoke the mood you desire. There are many articles that discuss color, emotions and moods. Your coloring choices include the walls, ceiling, floor, furniture, window treatment, art and accessories. Most Asian designs will focus on the natural color of the wood and stones, contrasted with one painted or lacquered red piece of furniture and/or accessories. Black lacquered furniture is also very easy to use into a contemporary room.
7. Select art with an Asian theme. This will automatically create an instant Asian fusion but it is not mandatory.
8. Select accessories that are iconic of the Orient: blue and white vases and jars, a painted box, a multi-tiered food basket, or a silk lamp shade.
9. Allow imagery and symbols to speak. A statue of a reclining Buddha can immediately make a statement of quite inner peace.
10. Use objects in unintended manners. Place the TV remote(s) in a red lacquered water bucket. Place a collection of polished rocks on a tabletop. Convert a Blue and white ginger jar into a lamp.
by Xiao Xiao firstname.lastname@example.org
About Interact China
“A Social Enterprise in E-commerce Promoting Oriental Aesthetic Worldwide”
We co-founded Interact China in 2004 with specialization in fine Oriental Aesthetic products handmade by ethnic minorities & Han Chinese. Having direct partnerships with artisans, designers, craft masters and tailors, along with 10 years solid experience in e-commerce via InteractChina.com, we position well to bridge talented artisans in the East with the rest of the world, and bring you direct finely selected products that are of good quality and aesthetic taste.
So far we carry 2000+ goods covering Ladies Fashion, Tailor Shop, Home Furnishings, Babies & Kids, Painting Arts, Textile Arts, Carving Arts, Tribal Jewelry Art, Wall Masks and Musical Instruments. Our team speak English, French, German, Spanish and Italian, and serve customers worldwide with passion and hearts.
P.S. We Need People with Similar Passion to Join Our Blogging Team!
If you have passion to write about Oriental Aesthetic in Fashion, Home Decor, Art & Crafts, Culture, Music, Books, and Charity, please contact us at email@example.com, we would love to hear from you!